I was contacted not long ago by producer Yves Ma on behalf of Golden Horse Productions, to develop a simple website for the Canadian-HongKong production of Eve & the Fire Horse written and directed by filmmaker Julia Kwan, and starring Vivian Wu (The Last Emperor, Joy Luck Club, The Pillow Book). I was the producer of the website, and put together a team of 5 people (including myself) to develop this project in around a week.
The team, composed by Jung-Kit Chan, Maggie Hui, Nathan Chow, Irene Jung and me. We worked hard to put all the material together, while I was also in constant communication with the producers, as well as being the Technical Lead for the project. I also contributed visually.
During the time we were working on the project, we also worked in a few new posters for the movie, which unfortunatelly didn’t make the cut.
- Special Jury Prize, 2006 Sundance Film Festival
- Audience Award, 2005 Vancouver Int’l Film Festival
- Best First Feature Film Award, 2005 Calgary Int’l Film Festival
- Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Production Design, Best Editing and Best Sound Editing, 2006 Leo Awards (The Canadian Regional Awards for Film and Television Excellence)
- Best Director, 2006 New York Asian Pacific Film Festival
- Best Narrative Feature, 2006 San Diego Asian American Film Festival